Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Shoulder: lo-n-slo (Meschoui)

Options
Marvin
Marvin Posts: 515
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For a dinner party of six, I rubbed 2 whole lamb shoulders (about 5 1/2 lbs each) with a combo of fresh roasted and ground cumin and coriander, cardamon and salt. They sat wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge over night. The Egg was started with Mapp and apple chips put on the start-sites immediately; then the plate sitter, drip pan, grill and both shoulders. They smoked for about about 2 hours until the temp slowly reached 225 when the door and daisy wheel were shut down to maintain a temp of 225-250. After 11 hours the shoulders reached 194 and were removed, covered in foil and rested for 1 hour. The could be sliced only with an extremely sharp knife, otherwise they pulled off the bones very easily. In Morocco, they would have been consumed by the eaters pulling off pieces at will. For this more sedate party, slices and pieces were served. Sides included small roasted white potatoes mixed with oil, salt and oregano. The other dish was a yogurt and shredded cucumber dish with lemon juice, salt and garlic. It was all gone after 3 hours; washed down with Yellowtail Shiraz. I'm not a fan of their Chardonnay, but the Shiraz is world-class. I hope your holiday weekend has been as enjoyable.

Comments