Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

preparing pork tenderloin for stuffing

mojo
mojo Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Easy question for you pros out there. I'm wanting to do a stuffed pork tenderloin. Is there a proper technique to cutting the 'loin to prepare it for the stuffing? Also, what kind of twine do you use to secure it once it's stuffed? Thanks!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    not a pro here, but this is how I do it. Using a sharp fillet knife I jelly-roll cut the loin into a long slab like this and spread whatever I want in it.
    IMG_0551.jpg

BTW this one had raspberry chipotle sauce, apple pieces and cashew pieces.

Then I roll it up and tie with butcher's string and hit it with a favorite rub. Bacon adds a nice taste. BTW a roll of butcher's twine is a couple bucks and will last a lifetime!
    IMG_0556.jpg

When finished and sliced this gives a nice plated presentation. Good luck!
    IMG_0558.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    if its big enough you can fan cut it and then pound it flat. slice down the middle but not thru, roll it over and slice again down those two halves so it opens like a chinese fan. ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    RRP- Thanks for the detailed description, and for the beautiful pics. Stuffed t'loin here I come!

fishlessman- I'm digging the fan cut technique, I'll try that one too.

Thanks guys!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    BTW my knife of choice for this cut is this razor sharp 7.5" blade Rapala.
    IMG_0711.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.