Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rock Shrimp ROCK!!! pic heavy

Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
edited 8:25PM in EggHead Forum
When I was temporarily assigned to Orlando last week, our good friend, Pat the poolman, stopped by to see us. He was kind enough to bring some Rock Shrimp. They were awesome! We trimmed the belly shell off,buttered and added some garlic. And then we broiled them. They taste just like lobster but a tad "shrimpier". My family has a new favorite. Thanks Pat.

DSCI0007-8.jpg

DSCI0010-8.jpg

DSCI0012-17.jpg

DSCI0017-11.jpg

DSCI0020-1.jpg

Comments

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    looking like good eats to me!!
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Glad you liked them buddy. Wish you had more time so we could have hit the all you can eat at Dixie Crossroads. Man I'm good for 3 or 4 pounds of those on a bad day :woohoo: :whistle:
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Love those Rock shrimp...they are great...great pics Todd...say hello to the family
  • Those look awesome!
    Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Those look great Todd,I hope you saved a few for me :whistle: :woohoo:
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    mmmm Dixie Crossroads...I love their shrimp & corn fritters....
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    I have personally never even heard of rock shrimp...they look interesting..
    Kim I have a friend that use to be a rep for intermatic and whenever he got in town I'd meet him for lunch. We would be there for 2-3 hours at a time. And yes those corn fritters are great also.
    Wess they use to be considered trash years ago and now go for close to $10 a pound, just like an armored shrimp but a taste closer to lobster.
    http://www.dixiecrossroads.org/conservation.html
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    I'll take a couple pounds of those. I've never seen them up here. Nice photo's Todd!
    Zippy told me your sweet sauce goes real good on shrimp. I'll be placing an order soon.
  • Todd, that is art, Marc
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Thanks Pat..
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Is that the place in Titusvill FL (sp?)? We ate there quite often when the daughter worked at the space center.
    Also remember breakfasting at the Treehouse, great way to get your stomach stretched for an evening of Rock Shrimp.
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Man, those look good. You bring back a lot of good memories big guy :)