Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Garlic Honey Lime Chicken w/ Pr0n

Options
CaptainJimmy
CaptainJimmy Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started playing with some asian flavors today... I went through some recipes and took what I liked and made it my own.

8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
1-2 TBS butter/margarine
1 tbs chopped garlic (jarred variety works)
1/3 cup honey
2-3 tbs soy sauce
1 lime juiced

Fresh Garden Herbs:
I have a small garden with a variety of herbs going. I picked what I like to eat. I chopped them extremely small with kitchen shears. I was missing cilantro since it hasnt sprouted yet.

1 sprig parsley
10 leaves fresh basil
3-4 tbs minced green onion

Directions:
Melt the margarine in a small sauce pan, and sweat the garlic in the melted butter for 90 seconds or so to bring out the flavors. Remove from heat, wisk in honey, soy sauce, herbs and juiced lime. Put the marinade in a ziplock with the chicken and remove all the air. Marinate for at least 1 hour in frig, 2-4 hours is best.

Set your egg to 375 to cook direct on raised grate. I also added about a handful of chips, pecan this time. While egg is heating, remove the chicken from the marinade and put the marinade back into your small sauce pan on med-low heat and bring to a boil and reduce. Reduce the sauce by at least half.

Cook your chicken to your desired doneness, I cooked about 8 minutes each side at 375, and the last 2 minutes i opened the dampers and brought the egg to 550 to sear the outside and give a nice char.

Serve over rice with your favorite side dish, spoon the sauce over top. All i had in the house was canned corn (which I love anyway so poo poo someone else haha)

Marinade:
img1051q.jpg

marinated chicken:
img1050b.jpg

cookin
img1057s.jpg

Reduce the sauce:
img1055b.jpg

Pulled off and let rest 3 mins or so:
img1060o.jpg

img1063i.jpg

img1064fwq.jpg