Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Hatch Chili Peppers as ABT's

GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just picked up a few fresh Hatch Chili's and combined them into an ABT batch I just put on the egg. Fresh goats cheese from the farmers market, fresh Hatch & Jalepeno peppers from Central market, a little garlic salt & parsley, stuffed with little beef sausages and wrapped with apple smoked bacon. The little ones look like ABT's, but the Hatch peppers look like intercontinental ballistic missiles.[p]My first try at ABT's turned out great, but now we'll see what a little garlic salt and fresh goats cheese does to the equation.[p]I'll post pics later today and let you know how they turned out.[p]GrillMeister
Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    GrillMeister,[p]Lemme know. I take it you hit Central Market this week for the hatch chili sale![p]mShark

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    MollyShark,[p]Meeeee toooooo !![p]Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • GrillMeister
    ABT-Hatch.jpg
    <p />MollyShark,[p]Yep, we were at Central Market when they opened up yesterday. They had the roasters outside and fired up. The Hot Hatch Peppers have a slow, but intense burn. My wife liked them, but she's not too fond of the morning after effects <grin>.[p]Here they are. They turned out great! Our friends gobbled them up so fast that I'll have to keep increasing the batch size. Both the hot and the mild Hatch peppers were very tasty. The goats cheese did not provide the punch I was expecting, but it was from a local farmers market. Next time, I'm going to use authentic Greek Feta cheese, but only on Jalapenos and hot Hatch Peppers.[p]I'd like to find a round 18" pan like my grill wok so I can get more ABT's on it. It makes it very convenient to prepare them, load em up, put em on the egg, and then take em off when done.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    GrillMeister,
    I have a "pan" like you're looking for. It's only about 16 inch diameter, woven wire, with straight sides about 2 inches tall. It's an accessory for the Brinkmann bullet smoker, but I haven't been able to find it on the web.[p]Ken

• GrillMeister
    BlueSmoke,[p]Can you post a pic?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    GrillMeister,
    Sorry, no digital camera. Think deep dish pizza pan, but not solid - made of "hardware cloth" or chicken wire.[p]Come to think of it, you could form your own from 1/4 inch hardware cloth.[p]Ken