Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jalapeno Poppers Recipe

eggheadpaul
eggheadpaul Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've just picked some great jalapeno peppers out of my garden, and I was just wondering if anyone had any great jalapeno pepper popper recipes?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Little variation in stuffing. Poppers, Jalapenos, Richard Fl

For this particular cook, I was going to a friend's 44th birthday party. That is why the 44 Jalapenos were used, plus he is of Mexican decent and loves jalapenos. So here are the troops having the pre-game prep rally.

1ABTgettingready1.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
    44 Whole Jalapeños
    2 8 Ozs. Cream Cheese, Softened to room temperature
    2 Cans, Small Clams, Smoked
    1 Cup Artichoke Hearts, Marinated
    1 Can, Small Waterchestnuts, Diced Coarsly
    1 Lb. Bacon, Thick
    Salt/Pepper or other seasonings to taste

Procedure:
    1 Had to introduce the troops to BGE.

2ABTmeetsBGE2.jpg

2 Took the jalapeños, cut the top cut off and the seed section was cut out with a fish filet knife.These were to be placed in a vertical grid, custom made by Eggor and they had to stand vertically.

3ReadytoCook3.jpg

3 The stuffing was mixed and "Stuffed". Previously had a pie in the oven and placed the bacon on a cookie sheet and rack and cooked for 10-15 minutes @375°F.. Only used that temperature 'cause that was the setting for my blueberry pie.

4ReadytoCook.jpg

4 After stuffing the little guys placed them in their cooking rack and cut a 1 1/2 inch length of pre cooked thick bacon on the top, rather than wrap as most do.

5ABTCooked5.jpg

5 BGE 350°F Indirect on an extender rack, 45 minutes later they were ready.

TheEnd.jpg

Recipe Type
    Appetizer

Recipe Source
    Author: Richard Howe

Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2006/02/25
  • Hi eggheadpaul, lucky you on that nice garden!

A simple recipe is split them, take out the seeds (wearing gloves)stuff with shredded cheddar cheese and wrap in bacon. No toothpick needed if you are careful wrapping - I use 1/2 piece of bacon per popper. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning and grill direct at 350 - 375 degrees til the bacon is crisp. You can also use cream cheese mixed with your favorite seasoning as well.

These pictured below had a piece of sausage, a roasted red pepper, cream cheese mixed with a pineapple habanero dip, a piece of dill pickle, then wrapped in bacon. I tasted them at Eggtoberfest last year and they were awesome - a favorite now.

CIMG2862.jpg

CIMG2870.jpg

CIMG2871.jpg

CIMG2873.jpg

The possibilities are endless. Have fun with it.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Thanks for the recipes I plan on trying some and I will also upload some pics thanks for the recipes.
  • Eggheadpaul, keep checking back, there are bound to be more recipes for this coming your way.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    I mix softened cream cheese with pineapple or mango salsa and stuff the cleaned jalapeno halves. i add a little smokey or leftover pulled pork. I then wrap the jalapenos in bacon.

I also like to stuff them with leftover cheese grits & cooked sausage & wrap in bacon...it is all yummy...
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Jimmy Dean hot breakfast sausage, cream cheese, bacon and your favorite rub

101_2707.jpg

101_2709.jpg

101_2711.jpg

101_2712.jpg
  • Eggatorium
    Eggatorium Posts: 99
    Looks good Pat.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Kim, funny you should say you used cheese grits and pulled pork. I just went to a restaurant the other night and had an entree called "Redneck Rellenos", they were anaheim peppers stuffed with cheese grits and PP. The manago or pineapple salsa with cream cheese sounds great too!
  • Emarf
    Emarf Posts: 167
    we like cream cheese ,pineapple wrap with bacon top with the rub you like
  • With cream cheese and shrimp

IMG_2843800x600.jpg

IMG_2452800x600.jpg