Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Removing Old Gasket

PainterPainter Posts: 464
edited 10:50AM in EggHead Forum

Working in a body shop, I have found that this is the best way to remove gasket and adhesive from ceramic cookers without harming the ceramic. Just attach to a electric drill. [p]I've done both of mine with no ill effects to the ceramic.
You will probably lose this before you wear it out for gasket removal.[p]Stop at any body shop in your hometown and they should be happy to sell you one. Fits on a drill and makes short order of cleaning up the surface for new gasket. 3M #07466. Or order online.
Painter

[ul][li]gasket remover[/ul]

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,247
    Painter,
    Thanks for pointing it out. I had forgotten about those things. I've used them before and they are great for removing crud and just about anything else that is hard to remove. Should work well on ceramic. You did good by telling everyone.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• carditcardit Posts: 9
    Painter,[p]Does anyone have an online source for the Rutland flat gasket kit?[p]Thanks,
    Mike