Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajita help

Options
flajoker
flajoker Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have one of those flat "pans" with holes in it. What temp to cook meat and veg. at same time. I may have messed up cutting steak into pieces already. Should vegies go on before the meat or will everything cook about the same?

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    flajoker:[p]Do both at about 350º to 375º. Depending on how well cooked you like your vegetables, you may want to put them on first. Pictured below are examples of the meat and vegetables cooking. When you cut the meat, cut it across the grain.[p]fajitas2.jpg[p]vege3.jpg
    [/b]
  • Poncho
    Poncho Posts: 50
    Options
    flajoker,
    I think you are describing a grill topper. You may not need it in this case. I would cook the flank or skirt steak whole (I use a modified t-rex method-I suppose you might call it that). Roast the peppers whole. Slice onions thickly and roast them with the peppers. Let the meat rest about 10 minutes after it is done, so you don't loose all of the juices. Slice it all up later.