Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New ABT Variation

Options
bigmikej
bigmikej Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried ABT's for the first time last night, but used pimiento cheese instead of cream cheese. They were awesome, but not hot at all. Maybe next time I will leave some veins in. Here is a good recipe for the cheese that I got off of southernliving.com.[p][p]Pimiento Cheese
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon finely grated onion
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (8-ounce) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded [p]INSTRUCTIONS
Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in cheeses. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Jalapeño Pimiento Cheese: Add 2 seeded and minced jalapeño peppers.[p]Cream Cheese-and-Olive Pimiento Cheese: Reduce mayonnaise to 3/4 cup. Stir together first 5 ingredients, 1 (8-ounce) package softened cream cheese, and 1 (5 3/4 -ounce) jar drained sliced salad olives. Proceed with recipe as directed.[p]Pecan Pimiento Cheese: Stir in 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans. [p]YIELD: 4 cups
PREPARATION TIME: 15 min.[p]