Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How high can I go on Brisket ?

Options
UnConundrum
UnConundrum Posts: 536
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put an 11 pound brisket on last knight for a lo and slo.... It's been on about 18 hours now, and it's still at 168, and moving slow.... Company's here and waiting. How high can I crank up the heat without ruining the brisket..... I know I have to let it sit a bit when it's done, so getting it off the egg is the current goal... I'd like to take it to 195.... but......

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    UnConundrum,[p]Haven't done it, biut have heard that wrapping her in foil will speed up the process.
    1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    UnConundrum, That seems to be a long time for a 11 lb'r. But, such is smoking. I don't think you'll hurt anything running it up to 275. [p]Frequently, the mouths won't wait for the meat to sit after cooking. I generally have to serve it immediately. It goes quickly, to the satisfaction of happy eaters