Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good fish recipe

Options
Smokey Bob
Smokey Bob Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got this from the label on my fish wrapper for tonight (grouper) whic I am doing with Raging River Rub. I have fixed this in the past in a regular oven. Any reason it could not be done in an egg and possible add a little smoke along the way?[p]Recipe from Publix:[p]1 lb fresh fish filets
cooking spray
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbl mayonnaise
1 tbl lime juice
1/2 cup Monterey pepper jack cheese[p]Coat fish with cooking spray. Place on foil or in baking pan.
Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Spread evenly over fish.
Bake at 400 f for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Smokey Bob,[p]Sounds like a winner to me. If you have a fish/vegetable cooker (flat pan with holes in it you place on the grate of the egg) I would definitely use it. If not, you can wrap your cooking grate, or as much of it as you need for the amount of fish you are cooking, with foil. Poke holes in the foil with a knive every inch or so to allow heat to flow through it. I've found that fish cooked in some sort of pan in the egg almost comes out poached and I dont like that texture. By using the foil on the grate, you can cook directly on the grate, the juices of the fish fall through to the fire, and the fish has a better/firmer texture. Just my preference and I've cooked a lot of fish on the egg.[p]Hope it turns out well for you, fish on the egg is a winner.[p]Troy