Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

great steaks, good marinade

Options
Curious in California
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I followed suggestions and cooked my first filet mignon (2" thick cosco steaks) with a 3-3-4 formula. They were FAB!!! I did not have any yellow mustard so decided to use the only product that I had that has a lot of yellow mustart in it. It is a sauce called Larrupin' goods (a Swedish Style mustard-dill sauce) I have used it in the past to put on grilled salmon. The ingredients are...Canola oil, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt, dill, spices, tumeric. Just before putting the steaks on the grill, I added salt and ground pepper. Larrupin' Goods is produced in a small restaurant in Trinidad CA (close to Mendocino I think) their telephone # is (707)677-0230. They send it to me and bill me later. If you already have a mustard dill sauce, try it as a marinade for your steak. Enjoy! Jane

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    CuriousinCalifornia, sounds mouth wateringly gooooood. Can you kindly expand on the 3-3-4 formula - don't remember seeing any post about it.[p]Eat well[p]Thanks

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Strength,[p]The 3-3-4 formula means 3 minutes on side 1, flip, 3 minutes on side 2 and then shut down the Egg (close lower air intake and replace top with green ceramic rain cap).[p]The steak then "dwells" in the residual heat inside the Egg until desired doneness is achieved.[p]This technique works well! The T-Rex method also works great.[p]K~G