Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread on Egg

Options
Lambchops
Lambchops Posts: 166
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was our first attempt for making bread on the Egg.My wife followed a recipe from The Bread Bakers Apprentice.It took two days to complete.This was a ciabataIMG

Comments

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    I was recently one of Peter's Reinhart's "testers," and worked on several variants of about six of his recipes, which he's developing for an upcoming book.

He seemed generally interested in baking on the Egg, or other charcoal-fired ceramic cookers.

I learned LOTS -- and my breads are in high demand.

That said -- I prefer to bake most breads in covered, stoneware cloches, either in the kitchen oven or in the Egg.

I bake often [sitting in the fridge to go into the flame tomorrow are two loaves of Jewish Challah bread, one of my favorites]. I love to bring bread to "events," and watch the looks on faces when people realize that the bread was baked on a "grill" over charcoal.

Keep up the good work -- and I;m glad to discovered Peter!

~ Broc