Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peanut roasting in the egg

Options
Hanker'n2Grill
Hanker'n2Grill Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever roasted peanuts in an egg?[p]Anyone have any idea of a good kitchen peanut roaster. The problem with roasting on a flat pan in the oven is that you have to remember to stir them.[p]Anyone know where to get the very best Virginia type jumbo raw in the shell's.[p]Last, does anyone have a method for getting their peanuts roasted with salt in them?[p]Thanks

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Hanker'n2Grill,[p]Roasted some peanuts in the shell at Eggtoberfest 2001, and have roasted peanuts in all three of my eggs (L, S , Mini). Lay out flat in a low-lipped pan, roast at 350°F for 20 minutes using an indirect setup. I stir the peanuts a couple of times during the cook. They're a great little treat ... with beer![p]Go to the linked page for more thoughts on roasting peanuts. [p]Puj
    [ul][li]More info on roasting peanuts[/ul]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Puj,[p]Thanks for the idea. As I sit here snacking on peanuts, I'm wondering how they'd taste after being roasted in some Easy Life. I'll find out this evening![p]Later,
    Cornfed
    [/b]
  • Hanker'n2Grill,[p]How do they get that salt in there? - The raw peanuts are soaked in a salt water solution, then dry roasted.[p]