Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

prime rib

Options
gulfislander
gulfislander Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have seen recipes for prime rib here. Any one have a different one, I'm going to try it this weekend.

Comments

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I done one a few days ago. Go back a few pages on post and you'll see it. Quite a bit of pics. It was easy and tasty. Good luck.
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    I do them practically the same as in the kitchen oven except they turn out a lot better and more evenly cooked. The basics are indirect (platesetter, legs up, cooking grid, pan on grid, meat on V-rack in pan.) Whatever temp you'd use in the oven is fine (I use 325) and take off by 125 internal if you want it medium rare (I usually do it earlier because my spouse thinks medium rare is like way overdone.)
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    This one is different,but very tasty.Prime rib at room temp,Clearman's cheese butter spread(In the butter aisle)Snyder's Prime rib rub.Season w/ruband then spread cheese butter on liberally,cover all of the roast.Season again with snyders and let rest for 20 min.Egg at 475 stable,place Roast in rack w/drip pan cookat 475 for20min and then remove.Outside should have nice cheese crust.Drop temp to 325 and place roast back in cook til meat temp is 127 for rare to med rare.

GOOD FRIENDS ANDGOOD EATS

DALE

Socal