Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Record - well maybe not

Options
BoneDaddy's
BoneDaddy's Posts: 257
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, I did my longest cook this weekend, has anyone topped this without refilling the lump?

18lbs of Boston butt @ 23.5 hrs (including startup burn)

3 racks of ribs @ 3 hrs

total = 26.5 hours

Large egg, cowboy lump, no refill.

I figure that is pretty good!
Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    my first butt went 24 hours, and my buddy from charlestown (who also owns an egg) was going to bring his brisket. it wasn't done, so he foiled it in a cooler, and as we took off the butt, we tossed the brisket on thinking it would finish in four hours or so. unfortunately, it cooled on the trip up, and took forever to simply get back to where it was when he took it off. they stayed (beer was involved), and eight hours later we took it off. no refueling.

i cooked on that lump later, too. i was so nervous about running out of fuel that i filled it to the top of the fire RING just about.

32 hours in all...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BoneDaddy's
    BoneDaddy's Posts: 257
    Options
    BEATS ME :-)
    Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i used to start out at 220/225 per the elder ward method. that would give me something like 2.5 to 3 hours a pound some times. lots of marathon cooks over 24 hours. i've since gone to 250 to start, with no qualms about bumping temps at the end for a little "hurry-up"
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante