Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

48 hour Jim's Jack sauce marinade - pics!

chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
<thanks everyone for responding on my previous 'broadband survey' post - looks like it's OK to post multiple pictures...>[p]OK so I marinaded these beef short ribs for 48 hours using Jim's Jack sauce. As Jim kindly pointed out, his sauce is a finisher, not a marinade. Oh, well - I turned it into a marinade by adding 1/2 cup of pineapple juice in place of the Jack.[p]Here's how things turned out:
Marinade 48 hr.
Fire the egg (large) to 350.
Wipe off as much sauce as possible with fingers (so it doesn't char).
Place the ribs on a grid extender, over a drip pan.
Add a couple of chunks of mesquite.[p]Here's the ribs going on:
1freshonthegrill.jpg
[p][p]After 30 min:
1after30min.jpg
[p][p]Done! One little cowboy is a little black - he was hanging out past the drip pan, you can see that in the 1st photo
1done!.jpg
[p][p]Off the grill and headed for the dinner table:[p]
1platter.jpg
[p][p]
Just FYI, I use a Sharper Image instant temp probe - it's fast and accurate but I have to lift the dome to measure the temp...[p]
1tempstick.jpg
[p][p]
Gotta run - the egg's heating up and I've got to get the brisket rubbed - Elder Ward's world class brisket -