Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My tongue is going numb

Options
Pancakes
Pancakes Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alright gang, here is the part about the forum that I love so much, when the elder eggheads get to pass on some wisdom to the newbs. Here goes...

So I know a little about creosote build up causing numbness on the tongue, but lately no matter what I cook gives me the numb tongue. The first time was on my old grill smoking ribs and the numbness was super intense. Thought I left the dentist's office.

So last night I Did T-rex NY strip as prescribed on TNW site. Subbed hickory for mesquite because it was a long day at the office. Unimportant. I put three small chunks on, maybe the size of a golfball, some smaller some bigger. I dropped these in prior to sear engagement. The steaks were delicious, tender and juicy. Then an hour later and my tongue was slightly numb, not as bad as the first one attempt, but still noticeable. The smoke was not cloudy and somewhat clear. Maybe a little blue to it. What gives?

I also noticed a funny smell after the initial sear, the nomex was still intact on not zorched. I don't know, if you guys have any ideas this young newb could use a hand.

Semper Fi.