Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Blue Flame!!!!

Options
The Colonel
The Colonel Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did country style ribs last night, made my mother-in-law proud. when I took off the ribs I re-loaded the green monster and started a low and slow picnic ham. got up this morn---alas--FLAME OUT!!!
Rushed to get the monster breathing fire again and got him all set up. Temp was hovering around 200 and I moved the boittom vent to about 1/3 closed--Standing there mulling over my next move when
!!!WHOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!--A BLUE FLAME shot out of the bottem vent about 5 feet--I swear--five feet. glad I wasn't standing in front of the vent.
Vapor lock or what????
yours in the egg--the Colonel

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    The Colonel,[p]Can't think of why you has a blue flame experience, but I think it just adds to the personality of the egg. It also serves as a reminder that the egg in not just cooker, griller, smoker. Its a living, breathing ... member of the family!
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    WHOOSH.JPG
    <p />The Colonel, I caught the tail-end of one of those. Mine was only about a foot or two. "Living breathing member of the family" is right. Dicipline is the answer. When it decides to show-out,, I make it cook for me.

• The Colonel
    Options
    Smokey, So very true--just glad I wasn't a foot closer and I wasn't wearing short pants--that would have been really up close and personal.
    yours in the egg (flame and all)--The Colonel