Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza with High Gluten Flour

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did my first using King Arthur Sir Lancelot Flour. stuck with the AZRP recipe and kept in the frig for four days. Since I wanted to really taste the difference from the flour I used Boboli sauce which I have used a number of times and I like, and just whole milk mozarella and pulled pork. My wife had the camera at a girls night so sorry no pictures.

It was a great crust definately my best and I look forward to having the leftover for lunch. I think if you are used to using all purpose flour that is 11.7% protein the difference would be huge. I had beeen using King Arthur bread flour that I can get locally ,which is 12.7%. The Sir Lancelot is 14.2% and I had to mail order it.

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    When you make the dough are you using the autolyse technique to enhance gluten development?
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I had seen the Autolyse technique mentioned before but had to search to refresh my memory. If you mean am I resting the flour yeast and water mix for 20 minutes before kneading no, Randy's recipe doesn't call for it. So it is something new to try.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    That is the one.

I would be interested to know if you could see a difference between bread flour and the high gluten flour, when using the autolyse technique.

I have been using the autolyse technique with a 3 to 1 mix of KA bread flour and semolina and it turns out really well. I am going to test it with straight bread flour next.