Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with Brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HELP! I cooked some brisket but it came out very tough! I cooked it for several hours at temp 250. It cooked until the internal temp was 160. Any suggestions?

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Boob from Boston,[p]Most people on this forum take their brisket up to about 200 internal temp. At 160 I don't think you even hit the plateau at which the connective tissue renders out of the meat. Next time, go to an internal temp of 200 - should solve your problem.[p]TRex
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Well, I couldn't seem to get it right either. I tried a 6 (they suggest 5 hour and I should have listened) hour brisket flat and it was great. I cooked 240 for 3 hours indirect then 190 foil wrapped for 3 hours turned out great. I ended up pulling the brisket but whould rather have nice thin slices.[p]CWM[p][/b]
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    from Boston,[p]160* internal is definatley waaaaaaaay to low for a brisket. Always figure at least 1 hr and ten minutes per pound if you do it at around 230*. This 14lber was cooked at 12 hrs @ 230* and 3 hrs to finish at 250* for a 200* internal temp. Very most and tender.[/b]