Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Question

Options
Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang:
I have had my BGE only about 3 months. I have fixed several different meals on it, but am ready to try some Salmon. I thought there was only 1 type of Salmon fillets. I now notice that there are different types being advertised by the local stores. I notice that most run about $4.00 a LB. What is the best type to put on the BGE & who has a Super recipe.
Thanks
Dave

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Dave,
    Wild Alaskan or West Coast are better because of oil content, and the texture is better. There are many recipes that will work well and I'm sure others will lead you to some.
    Jim

• smokeypete
    smokeypete Posts: 63
    Options
    Dave, fish is one of my favorite grill adventures. i love to flavor fish with lemon zest and/or cajun seasoning. if using a not too fatty fish it is first rubbed with a good olive oil,often the fish will be laid on a bed of onion rings. i use an aluminum foil pan. the pan works well to de-skin the fish after it is cooked. i put the fish skin side down on the aluminum pan (i make the pan out of two layers of heavy duty foil) seasoned, and cook at a high heat (appx 400 degrees or even more) for 10 minutes per inch of thickness. lift the flesh off the skin with a spatula and serve hot off the grill. i use a bit of smoke most of the time, prefer mesquite for fish, but alder or fruit wood works great too. halibut steaks don't need the pan, they are fine straight on the grill, turn half way thru cooking.
    i have used lots of seasonings, use your imagination and have fun with it, you will come up with origional recipes, be sure to share them with us!

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Dave,
    I get my salmon at Costco, don't know much about different kinds but here is a link to a great recipe.[p]Hope this helps,
    New Bob

[ul][li]Link[/ul]