Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

confused

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey
I recently moved for Florida to the Mtns of Utah and have had very disappointing experinces with my egg. I would have great experiences in FL but not here. I am having trouble regulating the temp and getting the meat to cook properly. Is there think about the altitude that i am unaware of and need to concider?

Please help.

Comments

• Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    There are a number of eggers who I'm sure can help you including thirdeye and Grandpas Grub. I just helped with the description of your problem a little. Try to be more desriptive when you have a question. Mark
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Gulmer,

Where did you move to?

Email me at kentja AT comcast.net, send your phone number and when a good time to call is and I will give you a call.

What size eggs are you using and having problems with and is there any more specific about what you are having problems with.

There are a lot of eggers cooking at high and very high altitudes. This summer I am going to take the medium up to 11,500' and see what we can do on some short and long cooks.

Kent
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Ahh, there you are GG. The bacon seemed to go over well. I had several people ask me details about the process and, as you know, I served about 13 lbs. of it so if that's any indication........
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Sounds good.

You looked pretty official tending all that BB. Check your email when you get time.

Kent