Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

quick pork loin question

Options
eggaggie
eggaggie Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hope everyone is having a great afternoon....quick question please

have two pork loins on the egg, indirect, 325 or so.......

i overcooked them last time....at what temp should i pull.....and about how long should i give it....

thanks all

Comments

• eggaggie
    Options
    one more overall question

how does everyone keep thier gasket so clean, in the pics they look brand new? i have a q sauce stain , should i try and get it out? or will i screw up the gasket.....

its like a fine care, ya know, i don't want it to wear...

thanks guys
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    The first one I did was at 300 degrees indirect on the expanded grill. I cooked it for about 3 hrs and pulled it off when the meat read 200, it was moist and really good, it and the ribs were the first to go.

Good Luck,
    Patti
    Wichita,KS
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    pork loin should be pulled at 145!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    leave the gasket alone! let it be until it does not hold temps.. then change it!!!

if you try to clean it you would be wasting your time!!

here is a picture of my small

03-23-20096.jpg

and i will not change it!! :laugh:

here is a old picture of my large
    101_0359.jpg

the only reason i changed it was because i got embarressed by how bad it looked.. it still held temps.. but i ended up testing a nomex gasket a few years ago and that is what i have on mine now is a nomex.. so when you "just can't stand it anymore" call bge in atlanta and order a nomex gasket.. but if you are embarressed about a sauce stain you will not like the nomex well it is white.. i have had a couple nomexes for diffrent reasons here is what they look like when they are new

crackedeggfirday009.jpg

so the sauce stain is "just in your head" :)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• eggaggie
    Options
    BENTE wrote:
    leave the gasket alone! let it be until it does not hold temps.. then change it!!!

if you try to clean it you would be wasting your time!!

here is a picture of my small

03-23-20096.jpg

and i will not change it!! :laugh:

here is a old picture of my large
    101_0359.jpg

the only reason i changed it was because i got embarressed by how bad it looked.. it still held temps.. but i ended up testing a nomex gasket a few years ago and that is what i have on mine now is a nomex.. so when you "just can't stand it anymore" call bge in atlanta and order a nomex gasket.. but if you are embarressed about a sauce stain you will not like the nomex well it is white.. i have had a couple nomexes for diffrent reasons here is what they look like when they are new

crackedeggfirday009.jpg

so the sauce stain is "just in your head" :)

thats what i needed, a good talking too! i will leave it alone!
  • eggaggie
    Options
    BENTE wrote:
    pork loin should be pulled at 145!!

thanks!