Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SO, HOW MANY DISHES CAN YOU DO IN A LARGE IN A DAY??

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
gang, it was great fourth of july yesterday.. .as nature boy said below, he graced me and metalhead brett for a great day of the 4 "F"s. .. friends family food and least we all forget the reason why. .. FREEDOM. . .anyway, brett and i lugged my large over to his carport where he had his klose and weber bullit smokin. .. brett did his killer brisket in the bullet overnight, and he had the klose fired up for his ribs and chicken parts on friday. . [p]in my large egg we did the following all on friday the fourth. .. filled her and lit her up at 8:30 am w/ inverted plate setter and drip pan. . .laid on two racks of ribs at 9:00 at 250 (one rack rubbed with 50/50 dizzydust/jamaican firewalk, the other with ragin river and lots of apple butter). . . at 1:30 added two beer butt chickens rubbed with tsunami spin. . .at 3:00 pulled the ribs (wrapped and packed in the cooler). . added a big pot of baked bean casserole to the egg alongside the birds. .. .at 5:00 pulled the birds (they were perfectly done lo and slo and moist as could be). .let the temps go on up to 350 to finish the beans. .. at 6:00, pulled the beans, pulled the plate setter out, added some more lump, fired up to 450+, then nature boy did his most excellent stir fry veggies. . .he pulled those at around 6:30, then with the temps still up, did a dozen burgers up for the kids (coated with kosher salt and dizzy cow lick). . .pulled the burgers off, laid the plate setter back in inverted, put the grid back on, and put on my peach (yes chris, it was peach not apple) cobbler/crisp at 350 for one hour. .. it was delicious (needed vanilla icecream, but all the kids were too lazy this year to turn the crank on brett's wife's old hand crank ice cream maker), but everyone enjoyed it anyway. .. . [p]so, in a twelve hour period, we slo cooked 2 racks ribs, 2 beer butt chickens, 1 pot baked beans, then raised temps and wokked vegies, grilled a dozen burgers, and finished with a baked peach crisp. . . 6 different dishes on one egg in one great day of cookin. .. [p]god i love my egg. ..

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, Sounds great. My 2 larges were lite at 8 am on the 4th and still going non-stop. Ribs and brisket then both re-filled with lump for an overnight cook for pulled pork for the race on Sunday. Double smoked ham on right now, will shut this 1 down in about an hour. The other has sweet corn and pork chops on for dinner. They need a break but probably begging for more fuel.
    My overnight temp stayed at a 220-225 range for over 12 hours. Gotta love that.[p]CWM