Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3-2-1 cook temp?

Options
Bryan
Bryan Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I understand the method for cooking ribs but what is the appropriate temp. thanks

Comments

• Still Smokin'
    Options
    bryan,
    I recommend shooting for 240*. Once in the foil, check at the 1 hr. mark and make sure they are not overcooking, if so, cool'er down. If they are ready when you take the tinfoil off, shut down to a mere trickle of air, just to keep a little fresh going thru and let chill (or sweat) for the rest of the time. If they are not quite there, you can always turn up for the last hour to 275 or even higher if needed to finish. Always on schedule. We cook Sam's bbbacks atleast 3 weekends a month with enough leftover for one more meal. Were hooked, going broke, but hooked.[p]Good Luck[p]Still Smokin'

• Vegas Slim
    Vegas Slim Posts: 166
    Options
    bryan, i try to keep mine arond 220 or so and that was with the big racks of babybacks here in vegas we now get the mini racks i just bought 4 racks the weight was a grand total of 4 pounds go figger!!! bring back the 2.5-3 pound racks

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Still Smokin',[p]Yeah, I sure know about that going broke thing! [p]...but you can't take it with you.[p]QBabe
    :~)