Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fun Time Camping

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After reading Sparky's post I must say I had a great weekend. :laugh:

Ginny and I went camping on Lake Hartwell Friday afternoon through today. We took the mini with us and it did great. Friday night was Mama Mary's 8" pizzas for dinner.

The mini with the lake in the background:

001-13.jpg

Getting the camper all set up

002-14.jpg

003-12.jpg

This lake was down almost twenty feet last year. It is now down only 5 feet.

004-12.jpg

008-6.jpg

Saturday breakfast was buckboard canadian bacon, english muffin, cheese & egg all grilled on the mini
in a CI skillet.

cooking the egg

016-3.jpg

017-4.jpg

Grilling the bacon

014-4.jpg

We also had steak & baked potatoes for dinner but no pics....it was a fun weekend... :lol:

Comments

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Kim, that looks like a great time to me. Camping is what we love and do most.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    OK Kim, looks like a fun, fun weekend. If anyone can work that Mini, it is you two! And it's also a good prep for next week in Waldorf!

See you both there!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Looking forward to it Faith!!! ;)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    thanks for the phone call i was only about 20 min from you if those pictures really tell where you were??

i would have brought the small out and some food to hang out with you and ginny!!!!

now i gots to be mad at ya kim and i dont like that :ohmy: :P B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Kim, the food looks great!! That little mini does a great job. Still waiting to get mine. You had beautiful weather as I can see in the pictures. Boy, alot of people on the forum were out around water today. Love your camper, you have a really nice setup.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    I know you want believe this but we did wonder how far up the road you were.... ;):)

next time we will call...I promise :whistle:
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Anne,

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you guys in Waldorf. This will be our first trip to this Eggfest and it sounds like a great time.
  • BENTE
    Options
    you can't be too far from me when you are on hartwell!!

looks like springfield campground..

i the largest city on hartwell is anderson s.c.... not much to brag about but i have a 1000 mile lake in my town :whistle::)

tell ginny hey

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1
    Options
    Terry,

We were at Tugaloo, still on the Ga side..it is amazing how much the water level is up... :)
  • rockytopsc
    rockytopsc Posts: 856
    Options
    Where is Hartwell Lake?
  • BENTE
    Options
    all that rain did us good!!!

rockytop works on that lake everyday!!

next please do call we can have a minifest on hartwell wiseone has a lake house on hartwell also.. so there are plenty of "willing participants" :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    have you not seen it???? :silly:

btw i bought out your publix friday afternoon make sure you keep an eye on it!!!

i ended up throwing all that dough i made last monday :pinch: i threw it out friday and made 2 more balls today ;) i will let you know how they turn out :blink:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• rockytopsc
    Options
    so much for flying low under the radar :laugh:

i thought that was tugaloo st pk; i see that point quite a bit.

we've got a group camp for the mini fest
  • rockytopsc
    Options
    they had more sauce in there today.

i made a pizza today w/ dough about 7 days rising. was good but had a nice alcohol smell.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    You probably could have flown to the plant in Mexico by now and got it. What is wrong with that dealer? :ohmy:

Mike
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Looks like a great weekend Kim

Ross
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Rocky & Terry,

That sounds like a great idea. Hartwell is a great place to hang for a weekend.

Rocky what do you do that you work on the lake??? Just curious... B)
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    Sorry but that ain't "camping". Camping is done with a tent. :P
  • BENTE
    Options
    today instead of cold water i used "The Champagne Of Beers" :huh:

hopefully i can get this stuff down!!! oh well live and learn :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i almost spit my drink :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Anything outside of a hotel room is camping to me... :)

I have done the camper thing several times, once in a major thunderstorm (which is normal in MS in the afternoon), that thing was swaying side to side and we had been up most of the night consuming, uh, adult beverages... It wasn't much fun... I couldn't get out of that thing fast enough...

Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    I can't believe yo did all this ....right before Waldorf. See you next weekend.

Rest up...

Desert Filly
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Kim,

Ginny and I said the same thing, "what were we thinking". We had a great time though. Anyway we left early Sunday and got home to get the vegys planted & dinner cooked.

Looking forward to seeing you and Randy this weekend. Fly safe....
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Kim:

Looks like good food and a relaxing time.

Mike