Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggscelerator?

Options
Aubie1976
Aubie1976 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone used the new Eggscelerator? How does it compare to the other fire managers, i.e. the B-B-Que Guru products, etc.?

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    How much do they cost?
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    The EGGcelerator designed for faster start up times and for the folk cooking at higher altitudes. It isn't for managing/controlling a cook.

The Guru and Stoker products are designed to control and manage pit and food temperatures during the entire cook.

I picked up a $3 personal 2-AA cell fan from walmart to help out when when I need help getting the egg going.

Some folks use more powerful blowers, and hair dryers. I think those just push too much air and cause a lot of ash, sparks and make a bigger mess. A soft breeze produced by a personal fan works very well for starting if it is needed.

GG
  • Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    The Eggscelerator doesnt manage the fire like a guru or stoker does.
    It just blows a lot of air into the egg to get the charcoal startet faster or for a very very hot fire.

I havent used it or seen it in person but i dont need it anyway, as i light my fire with a looftlighter.

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,928
    Options
    I agree. This is an old picture and the yellow plastic fan bit the dust years ago, but the hand crank blower still works fine. Whether you want a real blast or just a gentle breeze.
    IMG_0247.jpg
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I haven't seen one of those hand blowers for years and years. Thanks for posting, brings back some good camping memory with my mom and dad.

GG
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,928
    Options
    hmmmm, neither it nor I am an antique...yet! But those Air Grills are easy to find such as here:
    http://www.barbecue-store.com/airgrillgrillblower.htm
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I will have to look in some of my dad's old stuff. I remember it was back in 1958 we had one or something like that one.

GG