Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Gasket

Options
jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my mini about a week or two ago. Had to replace the gasket already.That's O.K I heard these lil' puppies were notorious for that. The good people at Backyard Living on 79th&Metcalf took good care of me though.
Figured I'd fire up "Big Daddy" for some wings while the Mini recovers from the gasket transplant surgery.
mkinigas1.jpg
minigas2.jpg
minigas3.jpg

Comments

• PM Doc
    PM Doc Posts: 1
    Options
    What do you have sitting on top of your mini. Looks like you used a felt replacement gasket. Was the nomex an option?
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Jake - Your mini is going to get a head ache - I mean a dome ache. :ermm:
  • jake42
    Options
    Just put some weights on it for seal pressure. Not sure what nomex is. The people at Backyard Living gave me another gasket so I just used that.
  • jake42
    Options
    Hey, just like a child..sometimes you have to apply the pressure for them to develope. :laugh:
  • why cant you a gasket form a wood or coal stove? wouldnt that last longer??
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Thhat's funny, just weighing in. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • johann
    johann Posts: 111
    Options
    not food approved as per the stove gasket company. Unless you want to ingest fiberglass...
    Yum!

the mothership has sent me two gaskets already for free; just email em. never even used the gasket on the little egg yet as it was coming off after I unpacked it.

Ooh that could be my avoid work friday project!