Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buttermilk Ribs

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried something different today. Soaked some BB Ribs overnight in buttermilk. The thought was that the enzymes in the buttermilk would help to break down the tissue a little to make them more tender. Or something like that.

I rinsed the buttermilk off, dried them and added some Rudy's rub from Rudy's BBQ Restaurant just up the street. I cooked the ribs indirect @ about 275, spritzing with some white grape juice every now and then.

Then I wrapped the ribs in foil for about an hour and let them ride out the rest of the day. Overall cook was about five hours.

They were fall-apart tender but a little spicy-hot for our tastes. I probably should cut back on the amount of rub. Or better yet, use Dizzy Pig rub that is mild enough that it doesn't assult my tastebuds.

Even so, they were my best ribs so far and quite a bit better than some ribs I've eaten.

Just thought I would tell y'all about it.

Spring "Rib Bone Sticking To The Smile Bone" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments