Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Valuble lesson.

Options
The Barbequetioner
The Barbequetioner Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekend I spent some real quality time with my egg. I learned the most valuble lesson that I wanted to pass along. Trust the egg. Yep, thats it. I finally let go and let the egg. I am now at peace with the egg.
On a side note. I turned on my oven for the first time in a month and it gave me a headache from the gas smell.

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Boy, that took a long time. Did you two have a little spat or something?
  • The Barbequetioner
    Options
    I have been using my offset for so long. It was hard to let go. Now I get to listen to my buddies argue who gets the offset.
  • Chris in Gwinnett
    Options
    The four most valuable words to any new egg head-

"Let the egg egg."

A lot of wisdom right there. I agree, once that got through my thick head, everything was fine.

The stogies were better, the whiskey was crisper and the cooks were tastier.

The sooner every new egger gets that, the better.

You are truly an Egghead now. Welcome.
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Ahhh the Zen of Egg. Nice feeling isn't it?

Although I do keep the offset around and use it 3-4 times a year, just for fun, playing with fire kind of stuff;)
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Offset? Ya mean the horizontal barrel with the little sidecar firebox? Man getting off mine and onto the Egg was the easiest thing ever. No more babysitting and fighting to keep a stable temp. It's like when I got rid of my '68 Falcon w/out power steering. :woohoo:

Your buddies will want an Egg when they wise up. :laugh: They can have all my old grills and smokers.