Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

a mighty fine night to be an egger

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

ahhh, some nights it all comes together!! . . .started off prepping the 2 inch fillet mignons w/ olive oil, kosher salt and dizzy pig cow lick. .. then cut up the new yukon golds i got at my local farmer's market on friday, tossed them with olive oil, coated them with dizzy pig ragin river rub, spread them in a baking pan. .. then cut up the cherry yellow and red tomatoes (also fresh from the farmer's market), tossed with olive oil and fresh chopped basil. .. .[p]now i loaded and lit my large and small eggs. . .set my oven to 425 (i'll get to that in minute). . .took the large egg up till the needle went of the dome temp thermometer, settled the small at around 400. .. .at this time i put the pan of potatoes in the oven to start cooking. . .threw a chunk of lumber (hickory)in the large. . .took the steaks and performed a trex on them. . .did them 1 1/2 minutes per side in that lava spewing large (god, i love peeking in the top of the dome and watching the flames swirl around like dante's inferno. .. pulled the steaks out to 'rest' for 20 minutes. . .while the large came back down to 400, i pulled the pan of potatoes out of the oven and stuck them in the large for the 20 minutes the steaks were resting. . ..at the same time i took 1/3 inch slices of good fresh french bread, oiled them, and stuck them in the small to toast, turning them after a few minutes so that they were nice a toasty with pretty grill marks on them. . .at the end of the twenty minutes, i pulled the pan of potatoes and put it back in the oven to finish. . .put the steaks back in the large (which was now at a nice 400 degrees) for 5 minutes per side to finish, took the slices of bread, laid them on a plate and scooped the tomatoes onto them (yes, you guessed it. . .bruschetta). . .then i brought in the steaks, which were now a beautiful medium rare inside, laid on the ragin river yukon golds and the bruschetta, and all i can say is. . . . . DAMN!!!!, that was one fine meal (the family felt the same way). .. [p]yes fans, it was a nice night for eggin. ...[p]enjoy[p]max