Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looks to be quiet...

Options
PWise
PWise Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
AS most went to the OKC fest...

Those unfortunate rest of us who couldn't make it will have to make do cooking at home... :whistle:

What are your plans? :woohoo:

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    homemade spam spread. thinking about adding food color to some homemade gorton and see if i can get the color right. :laugh: then im making my lucky fishing sandwhich, spam spread, miracle whip, and goobers peanut butter and jelley on an onion roll for the first open water fishing day up north for salmon. first though i need to get that homemade spam spread right, looked for copy cat spam recipes on line yesterday and was surprised no ones trying to make it themselves, couldnt find a recipe anywheres :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Options
    hahah well I can tell you I have never tried to make it! I just bought Michael Ruhlman's Charcuterie book... but haven't got to reading it... maybe something is there referring to that? haha If I find out sometime in the future I will happily let you know!

the fishing trip sounds like fun... catch a big one!

cheers!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    ive got a big trip coming up with all the friends i grew up with, i usually get up there a day early and make all the deli meats for the week, roast beef, ham, pastrami. would really like to surprise them with a weeks worth of homemade spam :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Golf tournament tomorrow so something easy like steak and shrimp. Sunday will be spare ribs and tri tip but if I get to Sams I might have 3 eggs going all day and feed my silver haired friends/neighbors :woohoo: :woohoo: They really enjoy the big feasts and haven't done one in a bit.
  • Smoked-Moon
    Options
    I am spooling up for my first pork butt on my week+ old egg. Wish me luck!
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    If you are looking for :SPAM" ideas, here you go.

Pork, Spam, Musubi, Nature Boy

[This was written in response to a thread in alt.culture.hawaii years ago when folks were asking about how to make spam musubi and I was thinking, "chee, not exactly rocket science..."] Try:

Procedure:
    1 cook rice (da sticky kine),
    2 make 'em into one spam shaped block about 1"-2" high,
    3 t'row one slice fried spam on top, and wrap da buggah wit' nori.
    4 Da only hints I can 'tink of is,
    5 try wet yo' hands and put little bit salt on top when you stay making da musubi shape wit' da hot rice,
    6 and toas' da nori little bit first.
    7 Hints from uddah peepo':
    8 Use da spam can and use fo mold for da rice.
    9 Den da slice of spam goin' fit perfect on top.
    10 If you can fin' furikake out dea, mix it in da rice firs.

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Meat, Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Author: Baron Fujimoto

Source: BGE Forum, Nature Boy, 2002/05/21
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Some more developing of Pork Barbocoa.

GG
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Aaaaah, so that's how you melt the ice? 8 - )
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Come this evening, there's going to be plenty of "spam" in OKC. :laugh:
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    For today, it's turkey thighs, roasted with a slew of root veggie-tables (as Wolfgang Puck would say), all of which got a generous dose of Paula Deen's "house seasoning", slathered with EVOO, and generously bathed with turkry stock. Pictures coming soon... (still in the darkroom). After Wednesday, it's kind of a "comfort food" thang.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    Get to head north but only as far as Frisco for my 6 year old's granddaughters birthday. What a toss-up: Okla vs 6 year old, yep my wife told me what was best (she is always correct). :blush:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    DSC_0002-37.jpg
    Im going to try these Flat Iron Steaks from Trader Joe's

Ross
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    You should have a nice dinner and sunset tonight. Sit back and relax Ross.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Those are for Saturday night. To night is Date Night with my wife Jackie

Ross
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I got some new gadgets I have to try out, A Chile Grill. We may do some fajitas, pizza, yard bird or something but definitely stuffed peppers. :laugh: