Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wish me luck cooking some'en!!LOL

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Egg dealer has a customer appreciation feast every year. He is a industrial pluming supply and AC dealer who loves the Egg and keeps them in his showroom as a side sale. We live in a town of less than 20k and no way to make a living off the Egg. He hires a caterer to fry catfish and to boil bugs. His workers Egg for several days before hand pulled pork and chicken on a couple XL's. He knows I am a show off and Egg nut and asked me if I would basically put on a show tomorrow to drum up sales for the Egg cooking blacken catfish and shrimp on demand my idea of food. I figured a hand full of presimmon wood at 400 pluse and almost auto ignight butter would make a show. He got me 20 lbs thicker cut cat, 25 or 30 lbs all ready butterflied and devained shrimp and what ever else I wanted to get. Thought I would do the blacken cat with made from clove fresh garlic bread and real butter on demand along with blacken, AZRP and Italian shrimp and DP's Redeye mushrooms. All cook fast, easy and more exciting than watching a rack of ribs cook! :laugh:
Most of you know me from the forum but this is my first public cook for all the pics and post I do. Please if any suggestions let me know!! I'm no better then the newest newbe. Thanks JLockhart

Comments

• JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    Good luck JL I know you will do just fine.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,766
    Options
    First thought was a line from a Moody Blues song, not sure which one right now:
    "Breathe Deep"

You'll do fine!

Good Luck and hope you help sell a lot of BGE's.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    JL, Man godspeed your way!! I am cooking at the Denver fest and am already freaked. You will do fine, my goodness, have faith in yourself! Your creativity is fantastic!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,766
    Options
    Hey Molly . . .
    How big is the Denver Fest!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    JL, just like cooking for your riding buddies back at the smokeshack
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Blackened stuff!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: One of my FAVES! :cheer: It's all about the show.Like you said his employees already have pulled pork and other lo n slo goodies for the crowd to devour!!! SHOW YOU'RE BLING!!! :woohoo: :whistle:B)
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    what you have to remember is they have no idea how good egged food is.. do what you what you always do, just cook, they will think you are a genius. i have cooked at four eggfests.... what to they rave about??? ,, egged asparagus,, OMG do you have any more of that. it is a lot of fun and lot of fun selling eggs remember how much joy and happy the egg has brought to your life. it is like the force.. trust the egg . really wish i could be there
    bill
  • JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    What time does the eating start?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    About 10:45 or so. He said last year 600-650 folks came threw between 10 and 14:oo. :ohmy:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    It was my first so you might want to ask AZRP/Desert
    Filly. They have been to many. If your looking for comparisions.
    I thought it was great! Alot of people and great food/conversations.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    You will have a gas. Super volume cooks are always the ones I remember the best.
    If your well prepped everything will be a breeze.

Have fun ;)
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    They are in for a treat, knock em ded!

Walt
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    You will do a great great cook JL Enjoy have a great time!!!

Ross
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    I hope he can keep up with all of the orders he'll get for the eggs! I can almost smell the catfish and shrimp cooking. I've only made blackened catfish once on the egg and it quickly became one of my favorites.Good luck and like bill said "trust the egg".
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Like Hoss said you are the BLING! Just relax and have fun with it. you are going to be doing something you do almost every night with out hardly thinking about it. prep and make sure you have your equipment and smile. NO ONE will know the difference if you don't tell them if you make a mistake!!! Hope someone gets pics of you in action to share with us!! is Jake going?? LOL
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you'll do great. have fun with it.
    and remember, spelling doesn't count!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    I know you will do well at the demo cook and you will have fun once things are in place and your cookin away. Try to keep organized and have what you need on hand and within easy reach. Coolers with food, rubba gloves, paper toweling, lined garbage container, paper plates, aluminum trays, sharp knives, ect. Cutting board and knife for raw food and another board and knife for cooked food. An assistant to help you out with prep and serving during the demo would be nice.
    With your food I'll bet you will be selling eggs at the same time. :cheer:
    Good luck and have fun!