Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to expect at the Texas Eggfest?

Options
mojo
mojo Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am extremely pumped up to attend my first Eggfest on May 9th here in Austin. As I am new to egging, having only completed my first cook a few weeks ago, I am now anxious to buy about a million accessories (fighting tools, rubs, etc.). Other than a bunch of folks cooking on eggs and drinking beer, what else will be on display at the 'fest? Will there be vendors available selling their wares? What should I take with me, other than my credit card?

Did I mention I'm excited? :P

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I think we're all excited about the Texas Eggfest. It should be a good one too. Looking forward to meeting you.

As for vendors, BBQ Outfitters is the Dealer/Sponsor of the Eggfest and they will likely have some accessories on hand. But even if they don't have all of them there, their store is only about a mile up the road.

You will also see some non-BGE accessories in use by Eggheads. Be sure to look around and ask about them. You will find that there are some very creative minds among your Egghead friends. Some have taken their ideas to the next level and actually produce and sell them.

The Egg is pretty much designed to cook on its own, but accessories make it a lot more fun, certainly more convenient and definitely more versatile.

An Eggfest is the perfect place to see and learn.

Spring "Bringing Everything But The Kitchen Sink" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • sassy-q
    sassy-q Posts: 16
    Options
    Expect a good time, great food cooked on BGE's, and really, really nice people that love their Eggs. You will even learn a lot of stuff, too.

Karla
    Beaumont, TX
  • Smut-butt
    Smut-butt Posts: 142
    Options
    Do we need a passport yet to get into Texas? ha, just kidding, but it would be nice if we could attend a foreign nation of Texas, enjoy good egging and then purchase "duty free" items to bring back into the States. YeeHaa!!
    I wish Florida could become it's own country; Texas has the right idea!
    Enjoy your eggfest--especially the brisket..
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone, and I hope to meet you too, Spring Chicken.

I have invited several friends to my home for different cooks, and even though I was "experimenting" on them, they were all impressed with how good the food was on my Egg. They were so impressed that they now want to buy their own BGE. I figured a great way to further introduce them to Eggdom (did I just invent a new egg word?)would be to invite them to the Eggfest. Is there anything for children to do there? I have a 5 yo daughter and I don't want to drag her along unless there's something fun for kids.