Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small and Mini are great for camping!

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We just returned from two weeks of camping in two of our state parks in MO. Took the small and mini eggs with us and used them every day. I was really surprised to learn how versatile the mini is. We did everything on it from steaks to shrimp to baking cornbread. The small was used for all our veggies and for smoking trout while the cornbread was in the mini. During the trip we began referring to the small as "the big one" and the mini as "puppy". I began to look forward to our evening cooks as much as to our fishing during the day. My pickup has a fiberglass shell and a carpeted bed, so I carried the small in a front corner of the bed wrapped it in one of those heavy corrugated cardboard packing things that the large eggs are shipped in. Next to it I placed the mini, inside one of those "fake" milk crates that you can get from Wal-Mart. They were both very stable - and, of course, the rest of the truck was packed to the top anyway. These have become our regular traveling partners!

Comments

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    SteveO,
    Front corner, to me, implies this was the first thing loaded into the pickup truck. We all know where your priorities are.[p]Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation!! [p]Jealous in Florida,
    Banker John