Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

May have sold three mediums....

Options
WokOnMedium
WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since my grandmother passed away, her kids have been doling out holiday get togethers to the grandkids. I think it's their way of making sure we all stay close even though she's gone.

I have been selected for Easter. Last year (pre-Egg) I made a prime rib. The fam was a little uncomfortable with the non-traditional take on the holiday.

This year I declared I would cook steaks on the Egg. Picked up a whole strip roast, and we cut the steaks ourselves. That detail alone was impressive to them, so when I cranked the egg up to 650 degrees they were wondering what they were in for.

Half the crowd were Medium to Medium Well (It was hard on me to overcook a good piece of meat like that). Did a 2 min sear on each side, flipped and set them in a dwell for 2:30 for the mediums, left the medium wells in for another minute, then rest.

Kicked the vents open again, got Lula-Q up to temp and did a minute and a half sear on each side of the second batch. Flipped and dwelled for 2:30. Rest and now each of the aunts and uncle are looking to do a group buy on three mediums. Best steaks they'd ever gotten anywhere.

They think because they are empty nesters, the medium will do the trick. Thy'll be buying another egg before they know it!

Comments