Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deviled eggs(ala Zippy)

Options
"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wahoo!!!!We used bacon and cheddar along with some of Zippy's rub.Delicious :lol: :woohoo: :ohmy:I will be eating more of these soon :whistle: Yummy!!!!

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Comments

• Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Sparky - I love deviled eggs and they look great! Unfortunately I don't have any of Zippy's rub :( .
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Dang Dale,it sucks to be you :( :P :lol: (Just kidding with ya)They're still good with just the bacon and cheddar,but the rub is the best :woohoo:
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Yea and I only live 45 minutes from him! I'll probably see him at Mid Atlantic and if I'm lucky he'll hook me up.
  • johann
    johann Posts: 111
    Options
    Looks awesome! I was going to devil some eggs today but my wife decided to color them instead. Maybe later this week. I picked up some wasabi mayo from Trader Joe's that is awesome for deviled eggs.

I bet zippies would be great on "devil eggs". A concoction a friend came up with. He hard boils the eggs, peels them, and then rolls them in a baggy of spices for a snack.

The spicier the better.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Doug, they look great, just showed the wife too, big deviled egg fan she is, we're gonna give it a go next time we make them, likely the Memorial Day Kegger. Never thought of putting rub on a deviled egg before :blush: , but it seems like a natural fit

Dale, I'll bring you a bottle, are you going to Waldorf? I am not sure if I can make it to Fred's with soccer & baseball & stuff....
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania