Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today is THE day

Options
Ribhead
Ribhead Posts: 123
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been on the site for about 2 months now!

Over the last month I have bought a Thermapen, all the dizzy pigs rubs, coal, Hickory wood, Platesetter and Ash tool!

Picked my egg on Friday - put it together yesterday, this morning I added my picture to my profile and now doing my first cook as we speak! Doing ribs (car wash mike).

Here is where I am at:
-just filled my firebox about 3/4 full - lite with stater cubes
-put foil over my platesetter
-bought 2 baby back ribs $2..99 lb and 1 spare rib $1.99lb - just to compare
-pulled membrame and trimmed the spare ribs - boy the bababy backs are easier to work with!
-rubbed with mustard and love and sprinkled dizzy dust! Added some jamicain firewalk to half of one and swamp venon to the other half! For me!
-gonna wait a least a half hour to get good smoke and throw on ribs.

If I have made any mistakes - please let me know!

-My wife is working today (nurse in ER) so I should be done around 7pm as she walks in the door.
-just cracked my first Sam Adams - have a bottle of wine chilling for the wife!
-should be a good night! If things work out my way late night in the bedroom - Im hugging Mike!

Stay tuned - updates on the hour!
THanks for everyones help!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sounds like your on the right track. Finally, huh? Got us all tired of waiting :laugh:
    Look forward to updates.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Well some updates :blush::whistle: :huh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Exactly!! Thinking the same! :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Well,....................it's about time :woohoo: Welcome to club man!!!! :laugh: ;):)
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Ribhead,

I think you can stop the hourly updates AFTER the ribs are plated ! :blush: :woohoo: