Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Welcome Wingman

Options
Kip
Kip Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good friend and neighbor returned home yesterday with a fully loaded large Egg. The inaugural cook consisted of 2 inch thick NY strip steaks cooked to perfection using the TRex method. Best steaks I've ever had......that I didn't Egg myself.[p]So please welcome Wingman to the fold![p]Kip

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Kip,
    Hey Wingman! Always great to have new folks here. Looks like you've got some good help already.[p](anybody noticing how many new eggs are being sold...guess that answers the economy question...)

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Wingman,[p]Welcome to the club! You're gonna love it here. So much great advice, tips, and recipes. Glad you've joined in on the fun![p]I'm also glad the steaks turned out great. Hmmm, I'm getting hungry . . . [p]Happy cooking![p]TRex
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Welcome Wingman,
    You have a great future with lots of fun in front of. Read the forum often, post what you're cooking and ask questions as needed. You could not find a better place to learn about ceramic cooking.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• gotta-mado
    gotta-mado Posts: 15
    Options
    Kip,
    Well, I to, am a new kid on the block. You will only be sorry you didn't do this years ago - pretty much ruined meat that is cooked anyother way (LOL). This forum has been a big help to me and these folks make you feel right at home. Congrats and enjoy.[p]G-M

• Unknown
    Options
    Fellow Eggheads,
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I feel like Luke Skywalker--originally I didn't believe in 'the force' (the Egg), then I met Obi-Wan (KIP) and now I'm in training to be a Jedi.[p]I've owned my Egg for two days and have had two great meals (tonight's the hat trick for 3 in a row). Day 1 was (as KIP stated) the NY strips (and TRex, you're a genious with that method!); Day 2 was fresh wild salmon on Cedar planks; tonight is boneless stuffed (w/ shrimp and sausage) chicken from our local rajun cajun, Calvin.[p]Dang I'm hungry alread![p]Wingman.