Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

medium nest doesn't fit!

Options
smokeypete
smokeypete Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
the bottom vent doesn't function fully if the medium egg is installed on the nest, so it was returned. i'm going to build a table to hold it instead, altho it seems happy on a big old block of granite for the first cook today, my heart is a-thumpin' with eggcitement!! as advised, spachcock chicken, today is mrs. smokeypete's birthday so it's all on the line, wish me and the egg luck!

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    smokeypete,
    I have seen other post about the nest and some kind of fix. A table might be better and give you more cooking space on the sides.[p]I have 3 eggs that are sitting on my concrete patio and outside of bending over a bit, they work out fine. Hope your chicken comes out fine and a Happy Birthday to the Mrs.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• smokeypete
    smokeypete Posts: 63
    Options
    New Bob,the chicken was quite good, tho a bit overcooked. i left it in for an hour and a half as the mrs. is a bit squemish about pink chicken. it was about 15 minutes too long.when lighting the charcoal it is amazing how fast the temperature rises after the smoke quits coming out the top. the temperature is easily controlled, even without the daisy wheel damper (which is coming). the birthday was quite happy!

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    smokeypete,
    Glad to hear all is well, there is a learning curve and it will only get better.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob