Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING : Little Chef & Fidel

Options
egger66
egger66 Posts: 385
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for your help tonight. Since this was spur of the moment, I dint have a lot of toppings so I had three cheese pizza...mozerella,provolone and asiago. The crust on the first pizza wasn't done quite enough(afraid I'd burn the toppings), but the second was just right :cheer:
Thanks again for your advice.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Glad it worked out. That publix dough can be a bit stubborn, but it always cooks up pretty good.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Thats funny...I was just getting ready to ping you for results, and saw your ping! :) Glad it worked out for you. The Publix dough is fine in a pinch, albeit a bit difficult to work with at times. (We have been told by Publix employees that this is simply their italian bread dough, not a special 'pizza dough' at all) I think that's why it takes so much to get it rolled out.
    Anyways, glad you enjoyed! :laugh:
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Hi egger66

I missed your earlier post, I have used Publix pizza dough in the past, back when pizza was on my diet. I'm glad to see Little Chef warned you about letting that stuff relax. If you don't it can be a loosing battle. :blink:
    I always had good luck freezing that dough. The yeast always survived very well.

Gator
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    We use Publix dough but we let it sit out about 4 hours...it is easy to work with then...