Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

33 days to Texas Eggfest

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With only 33 days till the Texas Eggfest we have 20 people signed up.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Options
    Is there a minimum number of peoplerequired? I mean, if there are no more than say x number of people will the eggfest still happen?

cheers!
  • Mickey
    Options
    Sure hope not. I just sent a note to Bob or Scott and if I find out anything will be back to you.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I know you are working hard to provide a great Eggfest but date changes, late start, conflict with Mother's Day and one week after one of the most popular Eggfests in the country your lucky to have 20 at this point this year.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Options
    Darian all I could add (and do not have any connection with BBQ Outfitters) is:
    Mrs. Lincoln other than that, how was the play?

• PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    I just hope more people sign up during this whole month we still have ahead...

I'll see you there Mickey!

cheers!
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Bad decision to hold on Mother's Day weekend. Nascar doesn't even hold a race then. That's saying something.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    No problem.
    The Lincolns are going to Oklahoma Eggfest where the show goes on and people are not shot for attending.LOL
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Options
    Darian this is only my second Texas Eggfest and once to the BIGGEST AND BEST EGGFEST - LEROYS COOPFEST....
    I am looking foward to it and besides this forum a good way to learn how to use my egg.
    When you say: "people are not shot for attending.LOL " is this something we can do anything about? Is this about Evens? I have talked with him by phone and to him on the forum. If we could get people like yourself, Mike, Evens, etc, etc... This could be a hell of a fest, what am I missing? Yes the date is not the best, but what date is good for all? We need your help.

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Hi Mickey,
    Please,
    My post was not a stab at you or the Texas Eggfest in general.
    Just pointing out in my first post that again, the date falls on Mother's Day. This is not the first time. People complained before to no avail.
    The second was the changing dates. To plan a trip with todays working schedule is tough enough. There are far to many Eggfests that have their act together and that is where people are going instead of Texas.
    I have only attended 2 Texas Eggfests and both were great. Very sad to say that I missed the Coopfest...
    "people are not shot for attending.LOL "...Just a joke back at your Lincoln comment.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thanks for the Coop Party mention but having been around for a while (or should I say WHILE) I know from Eggsperience that Eggfests tend to be more about having fun than counting people. We've had some pretty good Texas Eggfests with much smaller crowds than some of the big ones. I think the reason is that at small fests we have a chance to meet people and share a lot of good stuff.

No matter the size group at the Texas Eggfest, we will have fun. In fact, I would venture to say that we will have a lot of fun, regargless of the size of the crowd.

By the way, there's no reason why Mini-Eggfests can't be held in your hometown or even in your back yard. The Coop Party is proof that we Eggheads love to cook and love to party. With only 45 Eggheads we made the Coop Party one to remember. I'm sure Wess and Sally's Tiki Fest was the same way.

Want to throw an Eggfest, clean up your back yard and let us know when to come. You know there will be enough to make it a party.

Spring "It's All About Enjoying Life" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Options
    Darian did not take it as a stab. Not upset, just trying to get a handle on why not the biggest party in the United States.
    YES Leroy is correct in that it is not the number of people that will make the party; it is the party in the number of people who make it.
    Darian if any way to do so, please try to make it.

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Glad we are good.
    Next year might go better.
    Leroy is always correct.
    Does not change the reasons why many people will not come.
    Hope to see you next year,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    My whole clan is coming...just haven't signed up yet...and my guess is that I'll have at least 4 to 6 more in tow beyond the Wyf and Kydz!
  • kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Options
    Don't fret Mickey. A lot of us don't sign up till about time. Me and mine will be there again, and we will have a good time.

• SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    What hotel is everyone staying? I couldnt find any reference to one on the website.
  • Mickey
    Options
    man i must be slow (yes the little yellow school bus).... i just now get the SECOND MOUSE deal you have. have looked at it over and over, just now hit me....

• UglyEgg
    UglyEgg Posts: 18
    Options
    I went last year and had a blast!
    Took home 2 Large BGE demos.
    Will be there this year as well.
    Look forward to seeing everyone.