Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best set up for a brisket and a butt?

Options
Chappy
Chappy Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to a competition next weekend and my cousin wants me to egg the brisket and butt. Last time I did the brisket and it was huge. It took up the entire cooking surface and was a bit "squished." Is there a setup that can do both?

Any pics of both?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    get or make a raised grid and cook the butt(s) over the brisket(s).

sorry, i don't have any pics of this setup, but the best brisket i ever made was done like this.
  • Cactus Doug
    Cactus Doug Posts: 341
    Options
    I think fidel is on target there, pork above beef. You want the fat dripping off the butt to baste the brisket. There are many 2 level grill solutions out there everything from store bought to homemade. Have seen many pics on the forum. Good luck!
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Large fresh Buns and Ice Cold Beer...That is the best setup I can think of. :P :whistle::lol: :silly: :blink: :laugh:
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • This first picture is 2 pork butts along with 3 brisket flats in my contraption ready to be carried out and dropped into my large Egg when it gets on temp.

8MVC-020E.jpg

This picture shows 2 large butts over a packer cut brisket in my contraption ready for the cooker.

15MVC-015E.jpg

Dipstick
  • Chappy
    Chappy Posts: 198
    Options
    Dipstick, that is a nice contraption. Did you make it yourself?