Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"The Deed is Done"!!

Options
RLA
RLA Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yes..Yes...Yes!!! My very first meal (ribeye steak) from the Egg is now history. And now I am going to say what ya'll already knew..WOW..what a piece of meat!! I have never tasted such a steak. I followed Dr. Chicken's suggestion and seared it to perfection. I have never gotten a crust on my steak using a gas grill as I did with my first try on the EGG. And get this..my wife, who is practically a vegetarian..who almost never touches meat..ate her steak first and she even finished it before she even ate one veggie.!!All she could say was ....."Perfect...Simply Perfect"!!
As I have seen others say here on this forum..."Why did I wait so long to get something so darn good"
And one more thing..the steak was so much better than anything I have ever grilled that it simply justified the purchase/cost of the large Egg. No guilt feelings here. Thankyou to all of you and your advice.

Comments

• Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    RLA,
    I can see that smile all the way from here! Nobody here will say "told ya so". ha! Your fun has just begun. The only stress you're going to have is that you are going to want to try all these neat recipies the first week. :)
    Don't be afraid to ask questions. This is a great support group. One problem, your neighbors might get tired of you bragging about your BGE. Have them over once and they'll be off to get their own BGE. You will be to do some great veggies for the Mrs. but you may have got her back on the right path with that ribeye. She might even want to join PETA. (People Eating Tasty Animals)

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    RLA,[p]CONGRATS on the great first steak, the fun is just beginning. You have a lifetime to cook on it and it only gets better. Start planniing the next cook now, maybe a low/slow Boston Butt or Brisket. I'm a brisket man myself, prefer beef Q. However, a 20 hour smoked butt sure tastes good too. Good luck and keep us posted on the goings on with the BGE.[p]Troy