Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Final Chapter

EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited 5:56AM in EggHead Forum
Well..for some reason prolly some of the best PP I've made in years of making it...made one of these for a church dinner tomorrow so had to make today..the other is for me... :whistle: :woohoo:

Did one JH Pecan the other Byrons B Rub...both were good but gotta say...hard to beat that Pecan..
Coming off..
MarButts_013.jpg

First one pulled (w/wiffie's assistance :-)
MarButts_015.jpg

HAD to have a sammich! :laugh: :P
MarButts_014.jpg

Good Eats!

Comments

• EGCEGC Posts: 448
    Man, my mouth is watering and stomach is rumbling! That looks delicious.
  • I must put that on my TO DO list. It looks fantastic!
    Good job!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    That bark on the sandwich sure looks good. :)
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Tucky:

I like the JH Pecan as well. Haven't had the Dinosaur Garlic Honey sauce yet How its it? Is it better than the slathering sauce. Very nice bark on that pork,
  • That looks real GOOD!!!!

Ross
  • c tredwellc tredwell Posts: 575
    Great job!! B) Nice cook..

ctredwell
    go dawgs
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    I wouldn rate it quite as high as the slathering sauce but if you like honey and you like garlic (which I do) it's pretty darn close..(plus uhm outta slattherin sauce :/ )...the sammich was most eggcellent.. :)
    imho..NUTTIN better than pulled pork on the egg..almost like they had that in mind when they designed it! :blink:
  • Now that's what I call a Sandwich!!! Your church people are luckyyyy!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    Is that a jalapeno on top of the sandwich?

Great job on the cook---it looks like it turned out really well. How do you like the claws for pulling the pork? I've been thinking about getting a set.

Ed
  • Tenn SmokerTenn Smoker Posts: 123
    Like that bark, making me hungry again. Ditto on the claws, been thinking the same.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Eggtucky,

I am a novice at PP. Not real well known in the GWN. That looks really good but I see you dont shred it as much as I do. Is that the right way?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

aye..that's actually several jalapenos on the sammich under the sauce..didn have any cole slaw made up yet..plus I like 'em hot! :) ..claws are a must for 'hot' pulls..they work great!
    well steven...not sure if there is a 'right' way.. but that's how we eat it here in Kentucky :) ..It is actually pulled apart, no knife used, smallest piece is what you might break it up into with your hands... that's how I like it! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • OledogOledog Posts: 118
    Tucky;
    Can you please tell me where you pick up those bear claws for shreading? I have been looking without success.

Chris
    Sure oledog..I got mine HERE
  • OledogOledog Posts: 118
    Thank you