Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini fest in Virginny a success

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BrettMikeMax.jpg
<p />Yesterday was a fun filled day at the Nature ranch. A fairly steady stream of visitors started when Bill Wise arrived in the morning. He and his lovely wife, Alice, stopped by for an hour or two on their way back south. Followed by Brett, MikeO, and Mad Max (pictured here l-r). Followed by my pal WooDoggies and his old buddy Mike. [p]Wings, salmon (wish it was fresher....was a tad fishy), and sausages were coming off the cookers all day. BBQ folks are about as friendly as they get. Anyone that has a misconception about friendships initiated on the internet should reconsider!! What a blast. Thanks for stopping by yall!![p]Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Happy Dad's day to all the pops out there.
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Nature Boy
    BillWise.jpg
    <p />Here is WiseOne demonstrating this slick (and I mean seriously slick) new BGE recipe program he has been working hard on. Keep your eyes peeled....this looks like a program everyone could benefit from having.[p]Folks don't get much better than Bill and Alice. It was a pleasure finally meeting them.[p]Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    mikeo.jpg
    <p />Nature Boy,[p]Hey, I remember those guys, all of whom I met for the first time in Waldorf a while back.[p]Especially the infamous Mike O (Mr. Smooth). He showed up fashionably late with a couple of superb pork butts. Did a little cooking and then chilled out the rest of the day and spouted knowledge. What a guy![p]K~G

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Nature Boy,[p]Another blast from my past. It's good to see the Wise One again. I had the distinct pleasure of being a guest at his home after one the Hotlanta fests. I'm still cooking with the entire pecan tree he gave me after I asked if he could spare a couple of logs.[p]Thanks again Bill![p]K~G

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Nature Boy,[p]Do those guys have ANY IDEA what will happen to them hanging around you? Oh well, since they are Egg Cult MEmbers I suppose they have already gone past the point of no return.[p]Happy Fathers Day to you. All of my crew will be over for two fresh pork shoulders cooked to pre-fection tomorrow.[p]Sundown[p]

• Nature Boy
    Sundown,
    Brett is not a cult member yet, but we started teaching him the secret handshake.[p]Enjoy your Fathers day as well, and hope the pork is a hit!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Nature Boy,
    Here is a picture of Wise One and myself in Atlanta having a blast.Maybe he will stop in Augusta on his way home.
    Larry

[ul][li]Jan,Wise One and YB[/ul]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Nature Boy, Sounds like the only thing mini was the amount of time cooking. Looks like it was large in good friends, food, and weather.[p]CWM

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Nature Boy, it was certainly a pleasure to be able to meet you and your wife Friday. The maple brushed salmon was absolutely delicious. Thursday night we ate at The Carlyle Cafe in Arlington and had salmon. It was good but not as good as what you served us on Friday. Whoever requested that recipe earlier was absolutely correct. It is good. Also, it was nice being able to see the Dizzy Pig factory and operations center.
    Adding to my BGE connections, Alyce and I also had the opportunity to meet and have dinner with Tim M and his wife Jan, Monday night on the Outer Banks. We had a great time and I look forward to seeing all of you guys later this year at EGGtoberfest.
    You are absolutely correct - you can meet the nicest people on the internet.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Wise One,[p]Man, you folks are giving me more excuses to try to get to Eggtoberfest...[p]Meanwhile, focusing on more immediate and short term goals, EVERYONE within reasonable commuting distance should be focusing on getting to the Liberty BBQ Competition in Philly this upcoming weekend! Nature Boy, WooDoggies, CharBuddy, drbbq, and many, many others will be there. I'll be there acting all judgemental. A good time will certainly be had by all![p]Heeeeeeeeeeee,
    Cornfed
    [/b]
  • Nature Boy,
    thanks for the hospitality dude, it was a blast. ..and man, those wings were the best. . .please post the recipe again, for those of us to enamored with the taste to pay attention to the directions. .. [p]beers[p]max

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Chris:[p]So in addition to Dizzy Pig products you are starting the first D. C. Area EGG Stop? (smilie thingie) It is nice to share good food and thoughts with folks that understand and appreciate . . .
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Nature Boy,[p]Two years ago, I would never have guessed that acquiring a computer and logging onto the internet would lead to meeting one of my bestest friends.[p]You are as kind, generous and friendly as they come, Chris, and I wish you a very happy Father's Day. [p]Thanks for the pitstop oasis..... letting us eat your grub and swill your beers.....[p]Still somewhere near the Potomac,
    John

• WooDoggies,
    dog, sorry i missed you friday, probably passed you going out I66 as i was heading back in to home. . .nature boy's abode is going to be added to the michelin guide before too much longer. . .[p]btw. . .watching the food channel last night, and they had a show about the US championships . . .the winners were that really nice married couple who had the spot right between your's and ours.. .it was fun to see them doing so great. ..[p]enjoy your day

• Nature Boy
    Car Wash Mike,
    It was a large time indeed. Humid enough that sweat beaded off our forheads just standing around, but no complaints!!
    Pop's day beers to you.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Wise One,
    I am SO glad I finally got to meet you. Don't think it will be the last time. Alyce and Lan seem to have hit it off too! Just imagine. Me and you sitting around talking Q, and sipping beverages, why the women yack up a storm. Heaven.[p]Glad you liked the salmon. Wish it were fresher!
    Thanks Bill!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Anytime. You know where I am now! We'll do this again soon.[p]Glad you enjoyed the wings. I sure enjoyed cooking them. The wing recipe is an old favorite that I have not done in a while. Link below. Only thing is I used a TBSP or two of Swamp Venom in the flour/cornmeal mix instead of the spices.[p]Thanks for comin by!
    Chris

[ul][li]ChefRDs "almost fried" wings[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    djm5x9,
    You speak the truth, my friend. Very nice indeed.[p]In fact, I get kind of pissed when I hear of friends that visit the DC area, and don't come by.
    Happy Dad's day Daddy! I think a BIG FAT steak is on the menu today.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Dr. Woo. You are kind, sir. Mutual feelings here. As always, twas a pleasure hangin' out with your bad self. And I really enjoyed your old buddy Mike. How did that moonshine treat you the following day???
    Enjoy the rest of your little mini vacation! Did yall get by the Arboretum??
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy,
    thanks dude. . .i will probably try them with tsunami spin and jamaican firewalk as they seem to be the DP chicken choices around here. .

• WooDoggies
    Hey max,[p]I was bummed I missed you....... NB said by about 20 minutes or so...... oh well, next time![p]Those wing were really good weren't they? I've done the same recipe several times and watching Chris I realized I was putting the coating on a little too thick and cooking a bit hotter.
    His were perfectly browned and crispy and I ate about 8 of those puppies on top of sausages and salmon.[p]I did not leave the NB compound hungry. [p]Cheers, pal.
    John

• WooDoggies
    Nature Boy,[p]The Moonshine treated us very very well. :~)[p]Yeah, we managed to pack a full day in Saturday.
    We walked the Arboretum for a couple hours then onto China town for supplies and lunch then to the Capitol building and walked the entire mall to the Lincoln Memorial stopping at a few museums, Washington Monument, past the construction of the new WWII Memorial to the Vietnam Memorial and over to the Korean Memorial.
    Hot and muggy with a couple showers inbetween.
    Then onto the Dupont Square area where we spent the rest of the evening hoopin and hollerin.[p]Seems we didn't stop eating from your place on.... Arboretum: kosher dog with kraut and mustard. Chinatown: baked eggplant stuffed with shrimp, seafood lo mein, fried pig intestine with sweet sauce, spicy duck. Dupont: beef taquitos, ceviche, fried bass, soft shell crab, sauteed shrimp and endless beers.
    I didn't eat a thing Sunday except a very light dinner.

Fun town and good times![p]