Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yet another ribs cookoff (burnout)

KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow,[p]Just a couple of miles from my home today is my little dinky city's second annual ribs cookoff. For just a sawbuck admission charge, I can sample 15 different vendors wares for just a buck a bone.[p]Each selection was either steamed or boiled and then oven baked sometime over the past couple of days. They will be reheated before serving on commercial gas grills which haven't been cleaned since Clinton was president.[p]Can life possibly get better than this?[p]K~G
might be accused of having an attitude today hehehe

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    KennyG,
    Do not eat all of them. Save some for me. I will make the four hour drive after I get off work @ 5.
    gary

• KennyG
    Fireball,[p]Got ya covered partner. We'll fire up my microwave when you arrive. hehehe[p]K~G

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    KennyG,
    The juices are flowing!
    gary

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    KennyG,
    And I'm betting they are gonna have people lined up waiting to get in and eat. Think I'll take my money and head to the grocery for some extra baby backs for the grill tomorrow.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    KennyG,
    I just got back from Sam's with 14 pounds of Baby Back ribs to cook for family tonight.I think I will cook a couple of tomatoe pies on one of the eggs.We will have some other sides.Rice and pork hash,potato salad and pickles and what ever else Kaye comes up with.
    Larry

• KennyG
    YB,[p]You'll be busting your butt cooking tonight. I just enjoyed a 3 bone sampler of the finest gas fired ribs money can buy, and a lukewarm glass of Miller Lite. And all for only $5. It was truly underwhelming hehehe[p]I passed on the Kingsford reheats but that did remind me to buy some gas for my car.[p]K~G

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    HPIM2526.JPG
    <p />KennyG,
    Wish you and Carol could be here for the feast tonight.We will have 8 family members joining us for dinner.The Baby Back ribs are on the big egg and getting ready to cook the tomatoe pies.
    Larry