Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini place setter???

Options
WokOnMedium
WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to the shopping habits of some of my fellow eggers my twin pack of pizza stones will arrive tomorrow.

I've seen some cut into the shape of a platesetter, and combined the a woo2 (another online shopping appointment...actually I have to save the stuff from the ceramic grill store as the birthday idea cuz I get in trouble when the blessed day rolls around and I don't have any ideas for the fam).

How would a gal go about finding the right tool or business to make such cuts to a pizza stone? Any ideas?

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. I just ordered the 2 pc
    8 1/2" stones also. I plan on using a 4" angle grinder with an masonary wheel in an attempt to make the cuts.
    I also sent an email and eventually BGE has no production plans :(
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    If you or a friend have a Roto Zip with a tile blade, try this first. I cut the feet off my XL plate setter like butter with one. Only had to sand the edges a little to finish.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    See my post below:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=614125&catid=1

I think when Tom comes out with the new Woo you will not need a platesetter. The pizza stone & Woo will give you that flexibilty.

You will see what I mean when you view the picks. You will need a 2nd mini grid.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Question: Does the top grid fit inside the top ring
    to keep it from sliding around?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Yes...it sits right on the top ring so you could go raised direct or use a pizza stone for indirect.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Help me here :laugh:

What would be the difference from the proto-type and the mini woo2 in functionality?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • vidalia1
    Options
    The current mini woo2 does not have room for the 8.5" pizza stone to sit in the Woo2 on the bars. It sits on top of the mini woo2. I wanted a mini where the pizza stone sits inside the mini for indirect set up. Tom made the prototype mini woo with a wider base & top so the pizza stone goes inside it and sits directly on the bars. Then a mini grid can sit on the top giving you added flexibility.

I hope that makes sense....
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Thank You . . . starting to get a better understanding now of your setup :cheer:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Just curious as to how long you can maintain a 500 degree temperature on one load of lump in the mini or how many 8 inch pies can you cook before reloading?
  • vidalia1
    Options
    I cooked for 6+ hours and only added lump once to the mini...most of the cooks were in the 400 degree range..