Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thai Beef Kabobs on the Egg

Options
NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We made this one up tonight with the last of the beef tenderloin. Not bad for scraps! :) (Excuse the pics, my real camera is at Nikon getting fixed. Seems they don't like to be dropped 3 feet.)

1 lb beef tenderloin, cubed in 1" pieces
2 T oyster sauce
2 T fish sauce
2 T lime juice
1 T cilantro
1 t sesame oil
1 t red pepper flakes
1 t ginger, fresh grated (added after picture taken!)
100_03221024x768.jpg

We mixed all ingredients except the beef and then toss it in too. I let it marinade for an hour but longer would be better, maybe 2-3 hours. Put them on skewers. Cooked them on the Big Green Egg over direct heat at 500f. I used them on the grid extender because my skewer handles stick out of the egg and I wanted them level. If I used bamboo skewers I might not bother with the extender. I did them about 1 minute and then turned them, repeating for a total of 4 minutes.
100_03331024x768.jpg

The result was tasty and tender as can be!
100_03431024x768.jpg

Served with Honey Ginger Carrots (another on the spot creation, check my blog for the recipe) and sweet jasmine rice.
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments